Indulge a little with these sweet, crunchy dessert bites of nuts and honey. Baklava is well-known in Greece and throughout Middle Eastern cultures. Perfect for holiday entertaining. They freeze well, so thaw and reheat when unexpected guests arrive.
- 1 (15-piece) package mini phyllo cups
- 1 cup chopped nuts such as pistachios, walnuts, almonds
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup honey, plus more at serving
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place frozen phyllo cups on a baking sheet.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together rest of ingredients.
3. Fill each cup with nut mixture.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the nuts are fragrant and lightly toasted. Take care not to burn.
5. Remove from oven, drizzle tops with a bit of extra honey.
6. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Per 2 shells: 205 calories, 4g protein, 23g carbohydrate (15g added sugar, 2g fiber), 12g fat (3g sat, 9g mono/poly), 150mg sodium
Freezes well. Thaw and reheat for 10 minutes at 350°F.